July 18, 2012

5 on Friday!

Here are the top 5 reasons why I am loving Emily this week!

1)  She lost her second tooth on Sunday.  It is the one on the bottom left (right next to the first one she lost). She had mentioned to Rob that her tooth was loose and he showed me where it was just about ready to fall out.  We sat down to eat supper that evening when all of a sudden I looked over at Em and she had her hand up to her mouth, spitting something out.  I thought "My cooking is NOT that BAD!" and then she exclaimed, "My tooth just fell out...AWESOME!" which was immediately followed up by a conversation surrounding her payout from the tooth fairy!  She was anxious to go to sleep that night and could not wait to see what was waiting under her pillow in the morning.  A result was a $1 bill - the tooth fairy can't keep up with $5 for every tooth in this economy!!

2)  We went to the neighborhood pool on Sunday and Emily was playing with some kids on the steps.  I looked over and saw her head being knocked into the railing so my Mama Bear instinct kicked in and I immediately went over to make sure everything was okay and to give the little four year old bully a piece of my mind but she was totally fine and said "That she was tough and bigger than that kid so it didn't hurt at all!"  Luckily, his mother was pro-active and I did not have to discipline someone else's child which is probably one of my least favorite things to do.

3)  Emily loves cleaning!  On Monday, she begged to mop the downstairs floor (which sometimes turns into a bit of a mess) but how can you tell a kid "No, you can't clean!"  At some point, I will want her help and she will no longer be willing so I have to take it while I can.

4)  She loves to make up little games like "Surround" which consisted of using little plastic wire caps and trying to surround your opponents caps.  She said it was like "Chest" and I said do you mean "Chess?" and replied "No, I mean Chest!"  Here is a photo of Emmy and her Daddy intensely playing her new game.

5)  This week's field trip was to Landsford Canal State Park.  She couldn't believe that they did not have a playground and all they were going to do was go hiking.  She was smart enough to know that she needed to wear her old tennis shoes because she did not want her new Sketchers to get all dirty on the trails.  She loves those shoes and I do too because they are pretty girly complete with some sparkle.  Who would have thunk it?

This is my 250th post!  I can't believe it took a little over four years to reach this milestone but I am thrilled to think that Emily will be able to look back on her childhood (via this blog) for years and years to come!

1 comment:

Corrie said...

She is such a cutie and getting so big!!!
Oh and I got that dress at Steinmart!! Hope that helps!