April 13, 2012

5 on Friday!

Here are the top 5 reasons why I am loving Emily this week!

1)  EASTER!  She loved every part of it...decorating the eggs, getting the basket, doing the egg hunt...if only we could have gotten her to wear a dress and a hat!


2)  Emily and I both had the day off on Good Friday so we did our favorite thing and hit the mall!  I love having a little shopping buddy.  We went to Northlake and Southpark that day and we were home by 3:30 p.m. - a whirlwind day!

3)  She received a wallet in her Easter basket from Grandma and Papa and she has been carrying that thing everywhere!  I even made her a little "Driver's License" to put in it and she is so excited about putting her dollars in the right spot and her coins in the coin pocket.

4)  After much back and forth, Emily has decided that she is just not ready to go out of town without her Mommy or Daddy for an entire weekend.  Grandma and Papa are headed to HH for the weekend and offered to take Emily with them.  Initially, she was so excited and immediately said that she wanted to go and then she changed her mind and then she changed it again.  I told her that she had to make her decision one way or the other by Wednesday so on Tuesday, she decided she was not going.  I would like to think it is because she would miss us too much but I really think it is because she knows that everyone will be busy this weekend and there won't be any time for putt putt, the pool, the beach or the children's museum!  Also, we are having our semi-annual yard sale this Saturday and I think she is anxious to sell some of her things and get some more money for her wallet!

5) She is a card carrying member of the shoe tying club!! No more Velcro for this girl!!

No comments: