February 17, 2012

5 on Friday!

Here are the top five reasons why I am loving Emily this week!

1)  Her adventurous spirit and can-do attitude that she demonstrated while attempting to climb the rock wall at Baxter's Bunch Playhouse.  Although, it was tough, she kept on trying to make it to the top.  I think after a couple more visits, she'll have it down with no problems!



2)  She has now decided she is going to attend the Father/Daughter dance and has even agreed to wear a dress.  I cannot wait to go shopping with Emily and Grandma on Saturday!

3)  One afternoon, we stopped by DD for a couple of treats and when we got in the car, she said "That was really dramatic!"  I have absolutely no idea what made our stop dramatic, in fact, we were the only people in the store and they had exactly what she wanted, but none the less it was dramatic!

4)  She was so excited to buy me flowers, a balloon and a card for Valentine's Day.  Rob picked her up after school and she was going crazy wondering where I was because it took me a while to get home that day due to traffic.  Such a sweet girl!

5)  Somehow Emily and I got to talking about when you go to college and live in the dorm.  She had also been talking to her teacher, Ms. Jessi, about this.  Who knows, maybe she's already planning her escape!!  She asked me if you get to pick your team or if you just got assigned to a team.  I thought it was so cute that she referred to roommates as a team!  So, I explained to her that either thing can happen, like the roommate that I had for a week (assigned) and Eve (picked) and she seemed okay with that.

No comments: