January 13, 2012

5 on Friday (the 13th)!

Emily was born on Friday the 13th making it a lucky day so here are the top 5 reasons why I am loving Emily this week!

1)  On Sunday, she agreed to go shopping with me at one of my stores and said "It's like I am a brand new kid.  I like shopping at Loft now!"  Little did I know that it was all part of her master plan to go to Build A Bear Workshop and make yet another new friend, Mr. Chris!

2)  During the end of the Steelers/Broncos' game, she was going crazy!  Waving her terrible towel, jumping up and down and even making up little cheers...it was such a disappointment when the game went into overtime and it was over in just a few seconds.  She summed it all up by saying "Win or lose, Troy is awesome!"  Such a good little fan.



3)  She has gotten the idea that we need to be more active as a family (and I reluctantly agree) so she has now started racing home in the evenings and getting her Wii on!  On Monday, she played for a little while and then decided that we could get exercise by having a lightsaber battle!  It was so much fun and I couldn’t help but get into character by saying “Emily, I am your mother” in my best Darth Vader voice.  Too bad she didn’t think that part was as funny as I did!

4)  Aggravation seems to be a theme lately but when Emily received the invitation to her friend Eva's birthday party, she told me she wanted to go and then asked me if I was going to get aggravated.  I asked her why and she said because you don't know where she lives and you ALWAYS get aggravated driving to new places!  Very true...maybe I should work on my aggravation levels in 2012!

5)  She has basically taken over my iPad and on Wednesday evening, without permission, she comes bopping downstairs with it and proceeds to push something which had it talking up a storm and not allowing me to scroll or utilize the Settings function.  Voice over mode is something else which had me completely aggravated and I could not figure out how in the world to turn it off.  I posted on FB and got some responses but none of the suggestions worked so I too just started pushing the little circle button on the bottom until it finally stopped!  Good times at the Anders' house!!

No comments: