April 28, 2010

And the fun continues!

Rob and I are scheduled for a parent/teacher conference on Monday to discuss Emily's behavior over the past three weeks.  Happy birthday to me!  I knew there was a reason I was taking the day off from work!  I have no idea what to expect but I am preparing for the worst, like they are going to kick her out of the program.  Today, after she decided to "spit" (I put that in quotes because the teachers refer to it as spitting, I refer to it as blubbering) on one of her "friends" (again, in quotes because it is their term for classmates), the director called and suggested we just go ahead and speed up her transition which was supposed to be completed on Friday of this week.  No big deal in my opinion...I'm ready for a change of scenery and some new teachers to interact with every day so I'm sure Emily is too!  We'll see what happens the rest of this week and I can hardly wait for the conference.  I'm going to try to put it out of my head until Monday because Rob and I are going to our friend, Craig's rehearsal dinner and wedding this weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I mean...do they give you actual examples of what she's doing wrong? And what are they doing in terms of discipline besides call ing you every two minutes?? This school sounds a little suspect to me. Kids "spit" and do other things--they should really be able to handle it, no?