December 9, 2008

Let it shine!

Since it has been almost an entire month since my last post, I figured I should write a quick update.

The day after Thanskgiving, I decorated my Christmas tree with some help from my mom after I suffered a bit of an emotional breakdown. Last year, I did not pack the ornaments away properly and surprise...this year I found several of them broken. I absolutely love my Christmas Ornament collection and luckily the damage wasn't as bad as I originally thought. Good thing for super glue!

On the Monday after Thanksgiving, Emily began rehearsals for her Christmas Program at Appleseed. She and the rest of the two year old class will be performing five songs. Yes you read that right...FIVE SONGS including "Jingle Bells," "Twinkle, Twinkle," "This Little Light of Mine," "Jesus Loves Me" and "Happy Birthday, Jesus!" Every night before bed, she gives us a "sneak peak" performance and I have to admit I am now a huge fan of the medley she has put together which goes something like this: "Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle All the Way, Let it Shine, Let it Shine!" I'm currently looking for an agent - I think she could have quite the singing career.

On this past Saturday, Emily went to get her hair cut. She did such a great job! It is a longer version of the new Suri Cruise/Matilda Ledger look. Absolutely adorable! On Sunday, we went to have Emily's Christmas photos taken and she did a great job with that too! Here is one of the this year's Christmas Card and one other photo.


2 comments:

Jaysey said...

She is such a doll! I got the Christmas card today--love that photo!

Martha Compton said...

Love the haircut! We want to see you guys soon but Campbell has a stomach bug so we have to wait until she can't pass it along to you guys.